College Ave

Expanding our StricklerProperties assets, Balin and I purchased two mulit-family houses in Kendall Yards.  It's an up and coming area of Spokane that we thought would be perfect for an Airbnb.  Both houses are really old - one dating back to the turn of the century, and I don't believe either one have had much maintenance on them since....hard to say.  They're really bad.  To the point of when you walk in there's a deflating of hope of creating something beautiful.  

I do have hope though.  The Coeur d Alene property was also really bad and from all the reviews, people love it.  So I will stay in there and keep writing checks.  

Thankfully this project has not required much of my time as Balin is doing the general contractor role.  It has been an absolute delight to work with him and let him interact with all the subcontractors.  I've been busy pulling flooring, paint, decor together and am liking this trend.  I will paint the interior when it's ready, which helps significantly with the overall costs.  Here are some before pictures.











Comments