That Tuesday I went to the school to collect the fundraising efforts of the students who are going to New Orleans with us in June. While I was in the parking lot, I went to go say hello to a mom who had a cute, little, white dog. As I was chatting and petting the dog, the next car over’s driver said she actually had the sister to the cute dog I was petting, and was needing to find a home for her dog. I’ve got SUCKER written all over my forehead. I went home, asked Balin what he thought, and with his approval went and picked the dog up on Wednesday.What a couple of weeks. We got home from Costa Rica on Saturday and the next day I was off to a Toby Mac concert with a friend. It was a pretty great show and reminded me that I really like live music events. Perrin was invited, but seeing how it was a school night and she was just getting home from a week of late nights and lots of social time, I told her she got to stay home and go to bed early. Lucky girl cause I didn’t get to bed until midnight.
This past weekend Balin and I hosted a JOG or Journey of Generosity for 7 people in downtown Spokane. A JOG is a 24 time where we learn and discuss what the Bible has to say about generosity and we listen to stories of other people’s journey’s of becoming more generous. I think this is our 3 JOG, 2 which we’ve hosted, and every time we become a little more generous ourselves.
Balin and I had set aside some time after the time in Spokane to head over to Coeur d’alene for two nights, I got the first night and he got the second night. We use this “solitude” to think, pray, ask questions and ponder what we’re supposed to be doing in life. I used the time to read Psalm 49 and reflect on the subject. It’s a good read and a humbling one as we ponder the next stage in life. That I read it after our time at the Journey of Generosity was not by mistake and it hopefully will have an impact on the direction Balin’s and my life goes from here.
The other delightful part of going to CDA was getting a cup of coffee at the CDA coffee company. I sat near a window and the fireplace and got a piece of paper out to sketch. I’ve been trying to sketch a little each day and it’s amazing how much my confidence and ability have improved. I’m thankful for the practice and a beautiful place to do it. I’m really looking forward to taking my drawing hobby on the road this spring and summer. Hoping it will become a daily habit that brings much joy.
Comments