A glimpse into the future

 After the mission trip weekend, Balin and I packed our bags and headed south to Costa Rica.  We had scheduled 2 weeks of time in the sun, just the two of us.  Balin had been lamenting that he always had to be in the house with kids so for his birthday present I booked us flights and we escaped.  It was so fun.

First we headed to Arenal and stayed at the Baldie Hot Springs, which after catching a red eye out of LA and arriving at 5:30am, it was delightful.  We moved from one hot pool to the next, finishing up with a lovely dinner in the town of La Fortuna.  The next day we scooted back to San Jose as we were helping a friend out with outfitting her house in Uvita.  We got out the spreadsheet and made quick work of spending over a thousand dollars in household items.  Balin finally said, “No more stuff” as our car was packed.  

From there we headed down to Uvita to enjoy 10 uninterrupted days in the sun.  It was seriously a delightful time though we both decided that 10 days total for vacation was more than enough.  When we live in Costa Rica during the winter we will definitely make some commitments to people and get engaged in the local community as that makes life way more interesting than sitting at the pool.

And believe it or not, we missed the kids.  The beach is lovely to walk on, but it’s even better to play volley ball on.  Looking forward to our next time heading down in the late fall.


Balin shaved his beard which was just weird.  He looked way to round and young without a graying beard.

Watching a little Gilmore Girls with B just so we could bond with Perrin.  We found that we turned off the TV and really enjoyed playing games and for me doing art.

We made it to a museum, the first one in Costa Rica.  It was…a museum and I remembered why I don’t generally go to them.

Every night I was able to paint.  It is such a great hobby and I’m enjoying the progress I’m making.

Tan feet heading home to literally freezing conditions.  Made me sad.


Comments