Costa Rica - 2025

 It’s crazy to think we’ve had a presence here in Costa Rica for 5 years now.  

Our journey to Costa Rica started in the early 2000’s going to Tamarindo to grab some sunshine and cultural diversity.  We loved it!  I decided to take the kids in 2012 to the Tamarindo area with my friend Sandra and her son Nicolas for a spanish immersion.  We stayed with host families and took spanish lessons during the day.  Balin was supposed to have come with us, but he ended up selling the company and putting the house on the market.  (He’s always been so responsible!)


Fast forward 7 years later and I found myself in Costa Rica once again for a month this time with my friend Anna from Prescott touring the Southern Pacific.  She and I tootled around in Blancita, looking for paradise.  After she left I headed to Jaco to do a two week spanish immersion school, afterwards Balin and the kids joined me in Dominical.  After a week of exploring and enjoying, we ended up purchasing our current house.  One of the reasons we ended up purchasing was because we wanted a place that was beautiful and comfortable to stay in and to share with others.  During this time we had just sold 2 of our Airbnb properties in Spokane which allowed us to invest so heavenly in Uvita.  At the same time, both Balin and I were overworked, tired and trying to figure out how to get off the production train.  It was also during this time that Balin gave notice to his job at Quanta…and then Covid hit.






With Covid shutting the country down, we started a full on construction project.  We were so lucky to have gotten a trust worthy and competent builder who did an amazing job.  Within a year Covid restrictions were lifted and we were able to come down to a beautiful remodeled home.  Over the next 5 years we lived here full time for a total of 6 months, brought down LOTS of teenagers and LOTS of women.  It was a beautiful season.  I loved every minute.  I also learned so much about myself, my family and friends and my faith grew by leaps and bounds.  











The remodel turned out great and the countless items I brought down in suitcase after suitcase really made the house a home.  I am so grateful for the beautiful space I was able to create.  

    And the people who were able to enjoy it:































It has been such a beautiful season and I continue to count my blessings and give thanks for the time here.  AND - it is time to bless the next family with Casa de Paz.  We put it on the market this week and we’ve had two people take a look at it - both who loved how it felt like a home.  Best compliment ever.  People ask me if I’m sad and I can honestly say no, not at all.  How can I be sad when I’m so grateful for the time we’ve had and so excited for the next adventure.  And there will be one so keep posted.


Comments