A Deliciously Rainy Day







The day started out sunny. At least that's what I thought when I put my clothes on the line. See Monday's are my day to stay home, at least until school starts tomorrow. I wash clothes, clean, cook on Mondays and I find it to be very relaxing, especially when it rains. But I forgot I had clothes on the line. Dang it.

This morning started out a little rough as Buddy woke up with his eye glued shut. (No it wasn't something the kids did to him, it was Stretch) We ended taking Bud to the vet ($500 later) as his 3rd eye lid was torn (we think Stretch was chewing on Buddy again) and he required surgery. While the doctor was checking Buddy out Perrin said, "Mom, why do you like Buddy so much?". It reminded me of our old dog Mimi, a poodle mix that we had when I was a little kid. By the time I was a teenager, friends started asking, "Why do you love that old, stinky, dog?" Cause. That's why, just cause. I love Bud cause, just cause. I know to you all Buddy's an old fart of a dog but to me he's my little, white guy. Is he worth $500? I think so but we'll see what Balin says when he gets home from Columbia.

After the vets is when it started to pour. I think there is something about rainy days and creativity. I was talking to the waitress at my favorite restaurant the other day and she said she's so creative when it rains. So much so she is moving to Portland, OR to pursue a Creative Arts degree...she's never been there. Hope her creative genius doesn't cause her neurosis after 90 straight days of rain. :)

So the kids cut out portions of Dora and then taped them to Perrin. Interesting. Creative. Funny.

I hope the rain stops soon.

Comments