Balin's home. Good.
Kids were at school today. Good.
Stretch got hit by a car and is in the hospital. Bad.
Yeah - so today started out great. I took the kids to school today and then went to the gym to workout with Balin. Afterwards Balin and I went out to tea/coffee at our favorite little shop and then I had a couple of hours to myself. Very, very good way to start the day.
While Balin and I were drinking our tea/coffee, Balin got a call from Jamie his assistant regarding Stretch. I guess someone came to our door saying they hit a little dog and she ran to our house and didn't know what to do about it. We figured it wasn't a big deal so honestly I didn't even rush home. I got my errands done, picked up Sam and Perrin and then my nephews at the middle school and then headed home. I looked for Stretch and was about to go and drive around looking for her when Perrin said, "She's in Sam's room mom". I went in and there on the bed was poor little Stretch. She had peed all over the bed and was making little painful grunting noises. Ugh. So we headed off to the Vet. hospital, where she is currently spending the night. She is bruised up quite a bit and there is some air around her lungs which is making her heart elevated and making breathing difficult. So.....the estimate is $1000-1200 for the little dog to get better, just for an overnight at the hospital.
If she doesn't show significant improvement tomorrow morning we are going to have to make a difficult decision. I have really come to like Stretch as she is so full of love and affection for our family, including the dogs. But, she has her down sides too. So, the kids and I are praying for her and hoping that she'll be better tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
Balin, by the way, is enjoying being home and we are happy to have him home. He's headed to Phoenix for 3 nights this weekend for a mining conference and then he's headed off to Argentina for a 9-10 days. He's very excited for the potential work that lies ahead this summer and I too am excited for him. I'm so thankful though that the kids are older and easier as it makes his absence less traumatic for all of us.
I best go and read my book. I'm rereading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and am loving it. The first time I read it I read it in German while I was vacationing in Gstaad, Switzerland and it was a lovely read. The great thing about reading it in German is I don't remember a thing about it. It's like it's a whole new book. A cup of tea, a warm fire and a good book should be able to balance out what turned out to be a bummer of a day.
Kids were at school today. Good.
Stretch got hit by a car and is in the hospital. Bad.
Yeah - so today started out great. I took the kids to school today and then went to the gym to workout with Balin. Afterwards Balin and I went out to tea/coffee at our favorite little shop and then I had a couple of hours to myself. Very, very good way to start the day.
While Balin and I were drinking our tea/coffee, Balin got a call from Jamie his assistant regarding Stretch. I guess someone came to our door saying they hit a little dog and she ran to our house and didn't know what to do about it. We figured it wasn't a big deal so honestly I didn't even rush home. I got my errands done, picked up Sam and Perrin and then my nephews at the middle school and then headed home. I looked for Stretch and was about to go and drive around looking for her when Perrin said, "She's in Sam's room mom". I went in and there on the bed was poor little Stretch. She had peed all over the bed and was making little painful grunting noises. Ugh. So we headed off to the Vet. hospital, where she is currently spending the night. She is bruised up quite a bit and there is some air around her lungs which is making her heart elevated and making breathing difficult. So.....the estimate is $1000-1200 for the little dog to get better, just for an overnight at the hospital.
If she doesn't show significant improvement tomorrow morning we are going to have to make a difficult decision. I have really come to like Stretch as she is so full of love and affection for our family, including the dogs. But, she has her down sides too. So, the kids and I are praying for her and hoping that she'll be better tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
Balin, by the way, is enjoying being home and we are happy to have him home. He's headed to Phoenix for 3 nights this weekend for a mining conference and then he's headed off to Argentina for a 9-10 days. He's very excited for the potential work that lies ahead this summer and I too am excited for him. I'm so thankful though that the kids are older and easier as it makes his absence less traumatic for all of us.
I best go and read my book. I'm rereading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and am loving it. The first time I read it I read it in German while I was vacationing in Gstaad, Switzerland and it was a lovely read. The great thing about reading it in German is I don't remember a thing about it. It's like it's a whole new book. A cup of tea, a warm fire and a good book should be able to balance out what turned out to be a bummer of a day.
Comments