Thank you for all the well wishes for Stretch. She's doing fine. She's a very sore little doggy but when we came home today she was outside waiting for us, a good sign. The end cost was a bit lower than what we expected, thankfully. A friend of mine commented that Stretch has been a never ending source of frustration and expense, she's totally right. It struck me though that how can I saw "put 'her down" when there is nothing wrong with her - and I honestly wouldn't feel right giving her to another family with all her issues. All in all, I feel she's building character & patience in our family and it's an opportunity for all to learn important lessons. Of course I'm hoping that this past experience and lesson taught her not to go out into the street, we'll see.
We headed down to Phoenix on Saturday for a little play day. Balin had to be at a conference Sunday morning at 7:30 and we needed to meet up with friends at the Science Museum at 10:30 so we thought we'd make it into a little vacation. I've mentioned before that sleeping in a hotel room with two children is not a vacation - it's getting a little better - but it's still tough.
When we got to Phoenix it was a toasty 73 degrees so we, actually Balin and the kids, went swimming. At 5pm we met my parents at a fancy restaurant for dinner, which was great. My dad was looking forward to going to Phoenix for dinner and I think his expectations were met. The kids did great and I don't think Sam left a morsel on his plate. When I checked in with my dad today he said he enjoyed it very much but was pretty tired from the whole event and didn't know if the tiredness was worth the experience. Hopefully we can take him out a bit more locally so it doesn't tire him out so.
Meanwhile back at the hotel. 8pm rolled around and we turned off the lights and tried to get the kids to fall asleep. Sam was snoring like a pig and making himself hysterical, which made the rest of us shake with laughter - for a while. Soon it was, "BE QUIET SAM!" which put a damper on his festivities, but allowed all to go to sleep....really early. So the payback was by 12:30 Balin and I were both painfully awake and couldn't go back to sleep until after 2am and no, we didn't take advantage of the opportunity, though I thought about turning on a light and reading a little Jane Eyre as it's just getting good. By 5:30 Balin was showered, packed and out the door. I was able to sleep until 6:30 when the kids woke up and it was go, go, go thereafter. The rain was coming down in Phoenix so we watched T.V. until breakfast. We headed to the science museum and stayed until the melt down hour of 2pm.
Meanwhile Balin was busy marketing FSR - at the bar. Hmmm....I think that I'm going to have to do some marketing when he gets back, perhaps not at the bar but in my greenhouse.
We headed down to Phoenix on Saturday for a little play day. Balin had to be at a conference Sunday morning at 7:30 and we needed to meet up with friends at the Science Museum at 10:30 so we thought we'd make it into a little vacation. I've mentioned before that sleeping in a hotel room with two children is not a vacation - it's getting a little better - but it's still tough.
When we got to Phoenix it was a toasty 73 degrees so we, actually Balin and the kids, went swimming. At 5pm we met my parents at a fancy restaurant for dinner, which was great. My dad was looking forward to going to Phoenix for dinner and I think his expectations were met. The kids did great and I don't think Sam left a morsel on his plate. When I checked in with my dad today he said he enjoyed it very much but was pretty tired from the whole event and didn't know if the tiredness was worth the experience. Hopefully we can take him out a bit more locally so it doesn't tire him out so.
Meanwhile back at the hotel. 8pm rolled around and we turned off the lights and tried to get the kids to fall asleep. Sam was snoring like a pig and making himself hysterical, which made the rest of us shake with laughter - for a while. Soon it was, "BE QUIET SAM!" which put a damper on his festivities, but allowed all to go to sleep....really early. So the payback was by 12:30 Balin and I were both painfully awake and couldn't go back to sleep until after 2am and no, we didn't take advantage of the opportunity, though I thought about turning on a light and reading a little Jane Eyre as it's just getting good. By 5:30 Balin was showered, packed and out the door. I was able to sleep until 6:30 when the kids woke up and it was go, go, go thereafter. The rain was coming down in Phoenix so we watched T.V. until breakfast. We headed to the science museum and stayed until the melt down hour of 2pm.
Meanwhile Balin was busy marketing FSR - at the bar. Hmmm....I think that I'm going to have to do some marketing when he gets back, perhaps not at the bar but in my greenhouse.
Comments