First Week of Swiss Vacation

A sled that was leaning against a chalet in Murren.  Can you imagine how much fun that would be to go down the big hills on that?  I bet it's more for transporting luggage and food stuffs in the winter, which is quite a romantic idea - until snow gets in your boots.

Balin decided to leave me after lunch and go climb a 3000' mountain.  So I went back along the route to Murren with a little side stop to enjoy a couple of chapters of my book. 




 Mountain pig - he lived far away from anything and was as happy as could be.  I think he was hoping for a pet, but he'd been rolling in something foul.  Ewww!
 Oh yeah - a little treat for making it up a big, nasty, hill!

 Handsome doing some advertising for Crossfit Prescott.  We did see another CF t-shirt in Zurich - I think it's a cult!
 Edelweiss.  A flower that grows naturally at very high altitudes and traditionally is given to a woman by her beau - after he's climbed the highest mountain to prove his love for her. 
 Rainy, rainy day.  Balin's rain gear isn't rain worthy nor are my pants.  Good thing we don't hike in the rain in Arizona.
 But oh, look at the next day when there were no clouds!  Amazing!  The Matterhorn in the background.  Looks like Disneyland.

 Raspberry Cheese Tort at the Lorbhorn hut- delicious.


Here I am, trying to figure out how to download my pictures from my phone to this blog.  Give me a minute and let's see if I can figure it out.

I did it!

So our trip is going great.  I have to admit, I do miss the kids.  When it's time to go home, it'll be nice to go home and see the kids, dogs, grandma etc.  Meanwhile, as you can tell from the pictures, Balin and I are having a great time!  Everyday we go to the bakery for fresh rolls, make our lunch and then head out hiking.  Our destinations usually include a hut, where something sweet and something cool and frothy are readily available.  Balin has been taking photos daily of our indulgances - but if you look on one of the bottles of beer closely you'll notice it say's "Lager hell" which is what Balin says he's in, since he's a fan of dark, chunky beers. (Lager hell really means light lager, which is perfect for me, especially when you add 1/2 sprite to it!)

We finish our hike by 4 or so and head back to our chalet in Murren so that we can Skype with the kids.  Pretty much we're living the life of leisure and enjoying it.  Balin and I agreed that our vacations should be somewhere in a different time zone as Balin's phone doesn't start buzzing until about 5pm our time.  It's perfect!
 

Comments