My heart skips a beat…just a little beat but still.

Silly, I feel silly, but I do so adore silver.  Not fancy, ornate silver, but silver with a purpose.  There's something about being served breakfast in a quiet, wood adorned, Swiss chalet with beautiful silver.  Coffee tastes 100 times better in silver.  Sitting quietly next to the coffee, in it's own little silver pot, is steamed milk - you wouldn't want to put cold milk into your coffee.

So I've started collecting Hotel Silver and Railroad Silver.  I get it on eBay, one lovely piece at a time.  I love the patina, the dents and scratches; wear that says, "I've served a thousand grateful people and I'm happy to serve you too!"  I can't help but imagine the places and people these pieces of silver have seen - and I'm sure they were just as happy to be served coffee in the beautiful silver as I will be.



My birthday's coming up husband…..and I ordered myself a little something to serve you coffee in! ;)

Comments