I've been a little bit busy these past couple of weeks, I have to admit. School, Christmas shopping, getting ready for our trip to Southeast Asia, Birthday for Perrin, Schweitzer condo....it's a lot to juggle. As this weekend comes to a close, I'm feeling a bit more relaxed and am really looking forward to our vacation come Tuesday.
Meanwhile, we've enjoyed the season here in Liberty Lake quite a bit. Last weekend we took the kids down to Downtown Spokane and went window shopping. I don't think we've EVER done this as a family, I'm not exaggerating either. Balin and I used to go to Bellevue Square in November when we lived there, and get all our shopping done. We had such a good time doing that as it wasn't crowded and we weren't desperate to get gifts last minute. Often we would get more ideas than anything, which was so fun. When we took the kids, we told them we weren't buying anything, we were just looking around and enjoying the atmosphere. Thankfully, I had gotten most of my shopping done in October and early November, so I wasn't stressed or in the mood to spend money.
After looking around and stopping at Starbucks, we headed to Riverfront Park's Ice Pavillon to go ice skating. I really enjoyed it and have missed going skating. Balin and the kids had a bit rougher time, but I am confident with their own skates and a lake to skate on, they'll get really good in no time.
The condo at Schweitzer is coming a long. It's been a bit more of a project than I think anyone expected, but aren't most remodel projects that way? The Emmels are diligently working on finishing things up this week as they are hoping to use it to ski over Christmas. The trim and doors are the only things left I believe so hopefully that will be done soon. Balin took a U-Haul truck up to the mountain this Saturday with Kai our neighbor to bring all the furniture we've been storing to the condo. It is so nice to have it out of my garage so I can park my car in there!
One of the projects that I had been working on with Gen and Balin was a bench for the oh so cool table I bought last fall at a Junk Sale. I was going to purchase a bench but they run $200 and up and I figured I could make that. We did make it out of 2x4's and it looks awesome. It's a little wobbly but we've got a plan for that also. Since it turned out so good and I figure the first one is the hardest to figure out, I'm hoping to make another bench for the front entry way of the condo so you can put your boots on. That may or may not happen this winter...depends on the snow, which currently isn't looking so good. I really enjoyed making this bench with Balin and I'm really hoping to do some more projects with him in the near future. Our friends the Hartmans, have a shop that is heated and said we are more than welcome to use it. I'm definitely going to take them up on their offer.
Last night we went to our friend's Kai and Gen's for their Rocclette and cheese fondue party. It was so fun to eat Swiss food and celebrate our friendship with them and the other 5 couples who came. We truly are blessed with the lovely people that live within a mile of us and Balin and I sometimes have to pinch ourselves to remind us it's not a dream. I am so thankful for the friends we've met here in Liberty Lake as I miss my friends in Prescott tremendously, as do the kids.
As I finish this post we are headed down to our neighbor's house for dinner and a slide show from their recent trip to Thailand. I am looking forward to great food & wine and a foretaste of what we can expect on our trip come Tuesday. Ahhhh....it'll ease the pain of the oh so very long plane flight to Singapore.
Stay posted for pictures from Southeast Asia.





Comments